Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Erin and Katon

It's been awhile since I posted, I recently moved and just got my scanner hooked up and working again, so get ready for a flood of sketches!

Since my last post, two of my dear friends, Erin and Katon, got engaged. They are so wonderful together and I'm incredibly happy for them. Katon is always taking stunning pictures of Erin, and when I saw a pic taken of the two of them right after getting engaged, I was inspired to sketch them. They just have such a joy around them, that I wanted to see if I could capture it on paper. It actually took a couple rough thumbnails to start to get the gesture and the mood right. I feel so very rusty when it comes to drawing in a semi photo realistic style. I intended to leave it somewhat rough though, allowing the lines to give it a little more life and character. Overall I'm happy with it, but it's not even close to capturing how wonderfully beautiful they are, and the connection they share.



I hope you enjoyed this post. More to come soon, and as always feel free to comment, critique and ask questions! Have a great day!

<3
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Great Job Hanna, looks just like them.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon! I'm relieved to hear that! Sometimes it's hard to step back and see the full picture without nitpicking every detail haha

    Thank you V!!! Girl, we need to hang out, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete