Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shiney!

This is a sketch I've been meaning to scan for awhile and finally remembered to do it! I absolutely love the Firefly series, even though it was far too short lived. This is a sketch of my favorite mechanic, Kaylee. I did this without any reference, so it's more of a character illustration then an exact representation of Jewel Staite. I hope you like it, I had fun with it.



I think it would be really run to try doing some inks or water colors over this. I've not done a whole lot of that sort of thing, but it's always fun to try. Hope you enjoyed my post! Comments, thoughts, feedback/critique are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by!

<3
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. U made Kaylee more attractive than she actually was... :P Great job! :)

    I could only watch 3 episodes of Firefly. Got bored. Not my type of Sci-Fi. :( Maybe cuz I don't like 'western' so much.
    For me Farscape and Star Trek Voyager is more like it. :)

    ------Abhishek(R&H)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband found the Firefly series on Netflix and since we enjoy Nathan Fillion, we instant streamed the series. This is now my husband's alltime favorite series and we loved the movie too. Great job on the sketch. Kaylee was supercool and often surprising. Long live Firefly!

    -JB in Indiana

    ReplyDelete