Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sketchy Wenches ~ Self Portrait

I was recently invited to join an art blog called Sketchy Wenches in which ever couple weeks a new theme is posted in which everyone draws whatever that theme inspires! My first task upon joining, however, was to do a self portrait and answer some questions. I finally finished my self portrait today, but still have to finish answering the questions. I thought I could at least share my sketch with you all first though. ^_^

It's been awhile since I've draw myself on purpose, so this was a fun task. I also decided to go outside my comfort zone a bit by including my motorcycle in the drawing. Now, I'm pretty happy with the bike, considering I have never drawn one before, but I also can tell I've left plenty of room for improvement. It was exciting to see this come together though, since I know I tend to only draw people, and I enjoyed exploring a new shape! I definitely will be adding some color to this sketch soon, I am feeling very motivated with it.



Thank you for checking out my blog. Feel free to comment, and I hope you swing by again soon!

<3
Hannah

5 comments:

  1. I'd say your face cropped would make a great Twitter Avatar, but I laugh too much with your current one to suggest a change (Hey, follow me!!! Yes this is a beg for Twitter follower who aren't scambots :) )

    So, how long does a sketch like this take? Do you just pencil it on paper? Tell us about how you work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see your work up here like this (and I'm grateful for the Facebook updates so I know when to look!) Loving your recent work, especially this and Princess Leia. (Also been on a bit of a Star Wars kick lately, since I'm starting a D&D-type game of it tomorrow!) I wish so much that I could draw like you...then maybe I could figure out what my character looks like! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so awesome!!!! Great job as always. :)

    ReplyDelete