Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Magic in the Air

Who doesn't love to do a little Harry Potter fan art once in awhile? This was a sketch I did while reading the 5th book. Now don't spoil anything, I'm a bit behind because I like to read the book after I see the movie. That way I can enjoy the film without nit-picking at what they left out or didn't show perfectly. At any rate, I love the idea of Ron and Hermione, so this was a quick sketch I did one afternoon. I then came back to it and worked up some rough color. I don't have a decent set of prisma colors right now, so this was done with crayola colored pencils. The colors didn't come out as vibrantly as I had hoped, but since it was just for fun, I'm not too worried about it. I figure if you're not enjoying yourself when doing art, then what's the point? On to the art!



Hope you like what you see. Have a lovely day!

<3
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really surprised that you did that with crayons! You're definitely good with rendering cloth, ha ha ha. The hair looks great too.

    At the end of book 5, Batman shows up and says, "Quit it," and Voldemort does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual, super job, my dear! I wouldn't have thought such good colors could be created from crayola colored pencils... the grey sweaters look especially good.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! I remember this one especially well because you drew it when I was in town! :-)

    ReplyDelete