Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Classics

Welcome to my art blog! Since I'm just getting this started, I'll be posting some sketches I've done over the past several months to warm it up. So what better sketch to begin with then one inspired by a movie that made me want to get into animation when I was a kid! Disney's The Little Mermaid continues to be a big inspiration for me, as an artist and as a story teller. Here are some sketches I did of Ariel back in February. It was fun to revisit one of my most favorite characters of all time, it was like sketching with an old friend.



Thanks for stopping by! Please check back again soon for more sketches, and feel free to comment with any questions or thoughts. Have a great day!

<3
Hannah

5 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah, she's awesome! I love the form of her body in the top one. And, the tail looks great! Oh, and her hair is adorable.

    Can't wait to see more work!!

    xoxo
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Veronica! That is so sweet of you to say! I'm excite to post more work soon! Thank you for the lovely comment!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Hannah! Nicely done, and looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I started my art blog with Ariel too! I like both of them a lot. If I had the time, I'd ink and color them like I did your Giselle ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I looovvvee ur sketches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete